Thursday, March 24, 2016

Have you tried a MOOC?

A MOOC is a  massive open online course. Many colleges all over the country are creating free classes that anyone may join to learn more about a wide variety of topics.  Google "MOOC" and you will get all kinds of classes for learners of almost any age.  My husband heard me talking about the options for students who want to take a MOOC.  He asked if I thought there might be a MOOC that would interest him.  A few clicks later and he is currently taking 2 MOOC's out of a University in Texas.  And you might be surprised that there is a MOOC coordinator AND that the university's MOOC Coordinator contacted my husband via the phone to check on how he liked his courses and if he had any questions. Imagine the surprised look on my hubby's face.

Click here to read more or just surf the web for a MOOC for you!  How about a gardening MOOC?

I find the world a beautiful adventure and this just adds to the learning fun. Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment