Monday, January 6, 2014

2014 Resolutions - this article reminded me...............

2014 Resolutions came from the Connected Principal blog which Sara Schoepke shared with me.  As I read this blog post about dwindling your to-do list I am not so sure I had a lot of takeaways from it .............but felt great admiration for the many, many teacher in the past and currently who would only create a lesson described in scenario #2 in which the true focus in on learning.  Countless hours they spend to insure students have the best education that they can provide. My hope in 2014 is to encourage teachers to work hard and stay committed without allowing their work to overpower their lives.  I don't know one friend of mine who isn't struggling with the balance of work, family, faith and home.  Priorities...............sometimes you have to give more to one and it effects the other but don't let any one thing rule your life.

To-do lists for work, family, faith and home management ---set your "BIG 3" -- at the end of the day which 3 things will make you very happy if you can cross them off because you have accomplished them.   Give it a try.

Just remember we are all juggling many balls these days -- timelines and setting realistic goals is the way to keep the balls in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment