Saturday, November 23, 2013

Students Blogging Right Straight to the CCSS Level.............need some ideas

A couple of ideas to share:

From Sara Schoepke:  I have been promoting blogging with students in my district as a means for teachers to get students writing (Common Core) as well as give students a way to use higher level thinking in all content areas.  Here are some of the resources I have created to help my teachers implement blogging in their classrooms.



Kidblog.org is perfect for blogging/discussions. I see many teachers use it for literature discussion groups - setting up a page for each book with a small group of students collaborating and chatting.

With Kidblog you can enroll in classes with a Google Apps for Education account, too, which makes it simple for teacher set up.

1 comment:

  1. We use the moodle forum in science class for sharing ideas about Sand County Almanac. I also use the forum for students to post podcasts to share information with others and get feedback from peers. Student really like that they can share work beyond just their hour classmates.

    ReplyDelete