Tuesday, September 10, 2013

PD Opportunity --- Reading Foundations: Decoding

Hello Elementary Teachers -
 
Would you like to know more about the Common Core State Standards - Reading Foundation Skills? Do you want to learn specifically about what the state's expectations for student's knowledge and skills in the area of decoding?
 
Consider joining me in a voluntary,  interactive session on the 6 types of syllables and why learners need to know them to decode unknown words as well as gain some tips on how to begin talking about this with students in your classroom through a discovery process.
 
I am offering a 45 minute overview at Woodfield on Tuesday, September 17th from 3:45-4:30.  E-mail me if you would like one of the 20 slots available.  I will bring the materials..............just bring your learning smile and a treat/drink in case you need one for the after school time.
 
I look forward to learning with those who are interested.  If you are interested but cannot attend also let me know.  I will over time offer sessions for those interested as I see trends and/or topics of interest or need.
 

Your partner in learning, Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment